Drying and packaging your petals
- Remove petals from the flower
- Lay them flat between two pieces of tissue (avoid paper towels with design indentations)
- Make sure the petals do not overlap each other.
- Place your tissue between two hard surfaces (between books, pages of a heavy book or in a flower press)
Ensure there is weight pressing down.
- Check your tissue after 4 days to make sure it does not feel damp. If so, replace with fresh tissues. It is very important to avoid excess moisture or your petals will decay.
- It takes approximately one week to dry the petals. However, it might take longer depending on the flower type.
- Keep your petals pressed until they are completely dried. There should be no moisture residual on your tissues.
Ingrini recommends pressing petals to keep the best colour and structure. Please remember that dried petals are extremely fragile and must be handled with a lot of care and caution.
Keep in mind that there might be a change of colour in your petals once dried.
Place your fully dried petals between fresh tissue without indentations, and lay tissues inside a sturdy card or between thick, durable cardboard or paper.
Please include your name and contact information.
Ingrini recommends adding tracking to ensure your petals make it safely.
Please contact Ingrini via email to finalize order.